Projects that require a Building Permit:
- Building a New House or Addition. We have a permit application checklist for your use.
- Any improvement that will construct, enlarge, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a residential building or erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace an electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system regulated by the Uniform Construction Code.
- Installation of an uncovered deck where the floor of the deck is more than 30 inches above grade.
- The removal or cutting of any structural beam or load-bearing support.
- The removal or change of any required means of egress, or rearrangement of parts of a structure affecting the egress requirements.
While a Building Permit might not be required, you may need a Zoning Permit for: