The Borough has created a single application for permits, which should be simple to fill out, and will get you started on your project quickly, with the assistance of the Borough Staff. Even if you are unsure if you need a permit to perform the work, just fill out the Single Application for Permits, and our qualified staff will get back to you and let you know exactly what you need to do.
Projects that require a Building Permit:
- Any improvement that will construct, enlarge, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a residential building or erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace an electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system regulated by the Uniform Construction Code.
- Installation of an uncovered deck where the floor of the deck is more than 30 inches above grade.
- The removal or cutting of any structural beam or load-bearing support.
- The removal or change of any required means of egress, or rearrangement of parts of a structure affecting the egress requirements.
While a Building Permit might not be required, you may need a Zoning Permit for:
- Any new construction, renovation or alteration;
- Fences (any height);
- Installation of a deck;
- Accessory buildings;
- Home occupation or any other accessory use.